Monday, February 23, 2009

Benno Ikea Mounting Instructions

J'Y were

Yes, after less than two hours in line (nothing compared to the 3:30 announced yesterday afternoon), I managed to see the Yves Saint Laurent Pierre Berge before its total dispersion and final tonight in the coming days. I do not have much to say (I do not want in fact) to share this strange sensation: little blocks (nothing in any case at that found in major museums) and yet a feeling of love (yes, love) that emerges from this gathering unique and diverse somewhere. It is said that each piece was chosen, pampered and I really believe that is true. I rarely feel moved by this kind of collection, yet there has been finger on something. This meant gathering.



Edit 1: While this gives a certain beauty to the gesture and that's the rule of the game, I can not help, as a heritage curator, to regret this dispersion. Maybe a professional bias here but it seems to me a kind of "compliance fund" would have made sense.
Edit 2: If I could, I would have bought one. the sculpture of Brancusi and 2. mirrors Lalanne


Edit 3, 26/02/2009: information taken, the collection antique books - which can be seen here and there on the photographs of the apartment - was not sold because it belongs to Pierre Berge, the couple only bibliophile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment